THESE POINTS MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES, BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE USE OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- Always follow the procedure in your training manual.
- Before the use of electrical machinery, first check cables and plugs for signs of damage including extension leads.
- In the case of machinery faults / damage etc. Isolate machine; label with “out of order sign” and report fault to RGS Office or facilities manager before 10am!
- Never use damaged or faulty electrical equipment.
- Always isolate from the mains before inspecting, setting up or adjusting any electrical machinery.
- Do not use floor polishing/scrubbing machines without correct training first!
- Always check vacuum cleaners have a bag in them before using.
- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES tug or stretch any electrical cords as this often results in the plug being pulled off! Regular occurrences of this taking place may result in you being charged £25 for the damage and replacement of the cord.